Saturday, January 4, 2014

Welcome to PattyWaggin's Passage!

The adventure begins... 

The morning we pulled out of Seattle and headed south to begin our adventure!
It has taken me a while to start this blog mainly due to not knowing where to begin.  The past week has been a whirlwind; the past month complete chaos; the past three years challenging, transitional, and magical.  But all of it has led me to a point in my life where I bought an RV, quit a great job at Starbucks Headquarters, and left a really good life in a beautiful part of the country with amazing friends to live in a camper and travel the US and Canada for one year.  My hope with this blog is to share my amazing journey and let others experience people and places (and of course food and wine) otherwise unknown to them.

You may be asking why my blog is called “PattyWaggin’s Passage”.  After I purchased the RV, many people asked me what “her” name was.  Being someone that never named vehicles, this concept was odd to me; however, it started me thinking.  One day at work, I had a coffee chat with my friend Christina (this is common and encouraged in the Starbucks culture).  She inspired me with the story of naming her trailer and that night on my evening walk, it came to me.  I lost my mother 3 year ago and without her and her passing, I would not have the courage or ability to set out on this adventure.  Being one who loves a play on words, PattyWaggin’ popped into my head... Patty for Mom and Waggin for Trooper Bear who is my co-pilot and best companion... so with that, my blog is born.  I cannot go further without a HUGE thank you to my father who has been incredibly supportive, not only of his daughter doing some bat shit crazy thing, but also for all of his help finding the right RV and for being an unpaid 24x7 RV Hotline.  Thank you Dad, you’re awesome!

5 comments:

  1. It is a crazy idea, but you needed to get it out of your system and why wait until your 60 to do it. Have an amazing adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All In, my friend. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an amazing journey! I look forward to following along...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow -- Have a fabulous and safe journey! Your companion is amazing! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patty Waggin looks like she's in great care. I'm sure you're going to have the time of your life JD. Hopefully Patty will be everything you've ever dreamed of! I know for one how amazing it is to have an RV. Be ready for a great big adventure because that's exactly what you're getting now that you have Patty Waggin! :)

    Greg Ward @ Prairie City RV

    ReplyDelete