Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Weeks 18 & 19: Saying goodbye to my Hometown

Knowing that time in my hometown was coming to an end, I tried slowing things down and enjoying the simple things.



I didn’t expect to stay in Pennsylvania for 6 weeks, but weather and a feeling of being home made it easy to stay.  I’m thrilled that I was able to watch the change of seasons; when I arrived, the ground was covered in snow and when I left, I was surrounded by green grass and blooming flowers.  It is with mixed emotions that I said goodbye to PA and my friends and family.  It was an incredible visit and even though parts of me wanted to stay, it was time to get on the road and continue my adventure.

April showers bring May flowers
And new beginnings
Male Mallard looking for his mate
Clearly she has other ideas
Whitetail deer happy for springtime and easy eating
Enjoying a hyacinth

I want to thank Jen, Mike, Corine, Wyatt and Eli for their unbelievable hospitality.  You welcomed me into your home and made me feel like part of your family.  Jen, you are superwoman and I cherish the time that we spent together.  You are like a sister to me and not seeing you everyday just doesn’t feel right.  Mike, you are a great man with a beautiful family and I thank you for trying so hard to get me to see a bear.  Corine, I am in awe of the beautiful and smart woman you have become; thank you for letting me be your roommate for so long.  Wyatt, I am impressed by your athleticism, dedication and thoughtfulness.  You are a sweet young and I'm proud of you; please take care of your mom and little brother!  Eli, you have a spirit and sense of humor beyond your years; thank you for making me laugh and please listen to your mother and big brother! I love you all very much and miss you already; you all travel with me in my heart.

Until next time Bif... I love you! (TTT)
Mr. Peifer and Wyatt showing me some fun!
Proud grandparents watching Wyatt's baseball game
Postgame fun at "Bear Camp"
The girls also having fun
T & Coco searching for something (or just happy to be in green grass!)
The boys helping me look for bear (I never saw one)
Cute Eli striking them out!
Professional Wyatt bringing it home!
Last day hiking in PA... why not get dirty and stinky???
My last night and a gorgeous sunset over the Peifer house

Final Thoughts
Transition.  The past few months have been filled with visiting family and friends, and spending time in their lives, spaces and schedules.  I have cherished every minute of it and again thank everyone for their amazing warmth and kindness.  It is time for me to transition back into a full-time RVer; never sure where the road will lead or where I will spend the night.  It is with tears in my eyes but excitement in my soul that I head into New England and Canada…


Thank you for reading!  Until next time…


No comments:

Post a Comment